Thursday, November 01, 2012

"The Gathering of the Clouds"

My, oh my!  Two blog entries in one day!?!?

Well, aren't you all lucky?  I just wanted to catch up on posting some more pictures - that's the only part you all look at anyways, right?  ;)

Zak on the slackline, Fiona behind her camera, where she loves to be!
I discovered a few weeks ago this wonderful fact: my computer seamlessly and effortlessly creates panorama photos!  And I love panorama photos!  So here are some for you to enjoy.  (Click on them to enlarge them - they're much more enjoyable that way!) 

Out the back door...
...and out the front!  First snow on the top of Gramozi!
As I looked through my pictures choosing a few to post, I realized that we had a really cool adventure that I didn't share yet!  It was a trip to "the gorge" - a creek flowing though a canyon between two mountains.  The beginning of the canyon is just a 20 - 30 minute walk from the school.  I can't find words to explain how beautiful it was, nor do I have pictures to show because I didn't have my camera!  We passed all the way through the gorge, splashing, scrambling, wading, and slipping over rocks and through ankle-deep, knee-deep, and waist deep-water.  At times, we could scramble over rocks and shrubs beside the creek, but as we got further in, there were places where the rocks rose sharply on either side of the creek, molded and shaped by the wind and the water.  By the end, everyone was quite thoroughly wet whether they had planned to become wet or not. 

A week or two later, a few of us resolved to go back to the gorge to explore again - and I wanted to take some pictures.  We weren't planning to go all the way through, so I was confident that I could keep my camera safe.  Sadly, that was one of the first days that it decided to rain quite a bit, and we had hardly entered the gorge when we decided that it was too slippery to be safe.  So, here is one picture from that adventure - from just inside the canyon.

Looking back from just inside the Gorge.


Seeking adventure and shelter from the rain.  We had no lights, so we didn't go far.

I love, love, love the warmth of the light at this time of the evening.

 Goodnight.  Natën e mirë.  Mirupafshim.  Two blog entries is quite enough for one day.





2 comments:

  1. Well...today part of our schoolwork is to read about Albania & pray for the country.....sooooo...this was a natural place to come:). We looked through all your blog entries.
    Amanda: I like the picture of the donkey.
    Benjamin: I enjoyed finding out about where you're living.
    Kirby: I like the sunset picture (at the top of this post).
    We love you Auntie Jodi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!
    Amanda: Isn't that picture fun? We see donkeys here all the time, just walking right down the street or even the sidewalk! It's funny, because often the people who are leading them are men wearing suit jackets and nice hats! I'll try to take another picture sometime to show you.
    Benjamin: Thanks! I bet it's pretty hard to imagine what it's like here. If you can think of any questions, why don't you send me an email?
    Kirby: Me too! The sunsets here are beautiful. This one was at the end of a rainy day, and the clouds were just clearing when the sun set. I love sunsets because I think that God does a brand new painting in the sky every single night!
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete